Chemical Dependency Counseling: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Articulate addiction etiology, assessment and treatment processes.
- Develop clinical assessments that are accurate and reflective.
- Create treatment plans that are reflective of theory and professional standards.
- Demonstrate knowledge of addiction pathology.
- Demonstrate knowledge and skill in current therapeutic techniques.
- Execute clinical competencies for providing individual, group and family counseling.
- Exhibit appropriate professionalism in the workplace.
- Communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
- Intervene holistically and demonstrate use of the bio/psycho/social approach when performing assessment, case management, referrals, treatment goals and discharge plans.
- Incorporate developing research into clinical practice.
- Engage in critical thinking when planning and intervening with clients.
- Incorporate global awareness in the approach to diverse populations.
The Chemical Dependency Counseling聽 program is designed to prepare students as professionals in the field of alcohol and substance abuse treatment. The program is also designed to provide continuing education for individuals presently working in the field. The curriculum is based in the liberal arts with a concentration in alcohol and drug specialization courses. Coursework is enhanced with a supervised clinical internship.
Coursework is formulated to meet the educational component necessary to apply for New York State Credentialed Alcoholism and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC).
Graduates are prepared to work in a variety of alcohol and drug treatment facilities. Additionally, graduates can transfer to baccalaureate degree programs such as human services, counseling and social work.
The Chemical Dependency Counseling program meets the 350 classroom hour requirement set forth by New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (OASAS) to be eligible to apply as a Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counselor (CASAC). CASAC and CASAC Trainees are considered Qualified Health Professionals under OASAS guidelines.
The internship component of the Chemical Dependency Counseling program offers an opportunity for students to attain up to 300 professional clinical hours toward their CASAC certification.
六合彩开奖记录's Chemical Dependency Counseling Program is accredited by the New York State Office of Alcohol and Substance Abuse Services (NYS OASAS), located at 1450 Western Ave., Albany, NY 12203.
Chemical Dependency Counseling in the News
The Chemical Dependency Counseling courses transfer to baccalaureate programs. Students transferring from the program remark that they are beyond prepared for success in their higher level coursework.