Computer Science: A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate a fundamental understanding of algorithms, data structures, software design, concepts of programming languages, and computer organization and architecture, and an awareness of the evolution and dynamic nature of the foundational core of computer science.
- Demonstrate the ability to analyze and solve computing problems.
- Demonstrate understanding of discrete mathematics, differential and integral Calculus, and probability and statistics.
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in written form, and work in a team environment.
- Demonstrate familiarity with basic concepts, emerging technologies, and contemporary issues relating to the societal impacts of computing.
六合彩开奖记录’s Computer Science A.S. degree聽program prepares students for transfer to a four-year college or university to complete聽a bachelor’s degree in the field.
During their first semester, students will select courses focused on their chosen transfer program: Technical courses leading to a bachelor’s in Computer Science; Mathematics courses for a bachelor’s degree in Mathematics or a Mathematics/Computer Science combination; or Information Systems courses for an eventual bachelor’s degree in Computer Information Systems.
Computer Science studies courses include:
- Computer Concepts and Applications
- Problem Solving and Communication Tools
- Digital Logic
- English, Social Science, Mathematics
- Plus advanced courses appropriate to transfer plans