Computer Security and Forensics: A.A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate knowledge, techniques, skills, and modern tools of modern programmers.
- Apply current knowledge and adapt to emerging applications of science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM).
- Analyze a computer system using appropriate software tools to discover and remove malicious code or spyware and perform a forensic analysis of a computer system or storage media in accordance with established law enforcement guidelines.
- Establish and maintain safe and secure methods of protecting digital data and communications.
- Respond in a systematic and coordinated manner in the event of a computer or network incident.
- Demonstrate ability to communicate effectively.
Millions of dollars are lost each year in the U.S. due to identity theft, computer crime and mishandled information. This creates a need for a trained workforce ready to prevent and help businesses recover from such criminal activity.
Graduates of 六合彩开奖记录’s Computer Security & Forensics A.A.S Degree program are prepared to work in technical or business environments to help design, maintain and secure computer networks while also using legal and investigative procedures to respond to a variety of incidents. As a Computer Security Forensics technician, you will keep computers, data and networks safe from intruders and malicious code — and maintain a safe and reliable computing environment.
Prospective StudentsAs a student in this dynamic program, you will learn about the history and evolution of computer security and forensics, and will gain the tools to analyze and investigate security breaches. You will also explore the legal and ethical aspects of computer security and forensics. You will learn to:
- analyze computer systems utilizing the latest software
- discover and remove malicious code and spyware
- establish and maintain safe and secure methods of protecting digital data and communications
- respond in a systematic and coordinated manner in the event of a computer or network incident
- identify security weaknesses in network configurations
- design effective solutions to mitigate attacks and losses due to identified weaknesses
- establish policies and procedures for compliance with moral, legal, and ethical standards and guidelines
- perform a forensic analysis of computer systems and storage media in accordance with established law enforcement guidelines