Music Recording and Production: A.S.
Program Learning Outcomes
- Demonstrate skills necessary to be successful within the music recording and production industry.
- Perform in an ensemble and demonstrate appropriate concert etiquette during a performance.
- Demonstrate an understanding of compositional techniques.
- Describe, recognize, and aurally distinguish different musical styles and forms from the history of western music.
- Sight-read and perform with functional proficiency on the piano.
- Sight-sing in major and minor keys using solfeggio.
The A.S. in Music Recording and Production addresses contemporary and emerging needs in the industry and our 4-year transfer degree programs. Skills learned in this program can be applied not only to music recording and production, but also sound design for film and games, audio post-production, live performance and sound reinforcement, music business and more. Additionally, since the end-to-end production process is covered in coursework, motivated students may find success in freelance work. Students that complete this degree will be well prepared to transfer to a 4-year SUNY institution with music recording or industry programs.