Program Learning Outcomes
- Students will develop contextual, integrative, and adaptive competence of a professional entry-level paramedic.
- Students will apply the fundamental knowledge of the Emergency Medical System (EMS).
- Students will demonstrate conceptual, technical, and interpersonal competence by meeting all knowledge (cognitive), skill (psychomotor), and behavioral (affective) objectives of the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration and New York State Department of Health.
- Students will demonstrate effective written and verbal communication and critical thinking.
Save lives with a degree in Paramedic.
The AAS in Paramedic prepares students to administer the highest level of pre-hospital care to patients in emergency situations. Graduates are prepared for careers as emergency medical technicians and become eligible to sit for the NYS examination for certification as an Emergency Medical Technician-Paramedic (EMT-P).
The program is a collaborative effort between 六合彩开奖记录 and Lourdes Hospital. Lourdes Hospital is the NYS Department of Health, Bureau of Emergency Services Training Sponsor. The Lourdes Hospital Paramedic Program is delivered at 六合彩开奖记录.聽 Lourdes Hospital Paramedic Program’s mission is to provide the community with outstanding paramedics in a timely and affordable manner.
The paramedic A.A.S. course sequence includes classroom, hands-on skill development, hospital clinical experience, and field internships.聽 The program includes courses required for admission to the New York State Department of Health Paramedic certification exam.
The curriculum is segmented into small courses.聽 Courses are scheduled afternoons and evenings, meeting three times a week.聽 The program can be completed over 2 years, with one summer semester. Qualified students, with the approval of the Program Director may design a customized full-time or part-time program.聽 Students may be able to sit for the NYS Paramedic exam in 12 months.
The program follows the national standard curriculum determined by the National Highway Safety Traffic Administration, and requires a minimum of 600 classroom hours, 560 hospital clinical hours and 440 hours of ambulance ride time. Students are eligible to take the New York State Paramedic practical and written exams upon successful completion of all PMD courses (9) and Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology or Anatomy & Physiology I or II.
Program Registration Notes
- All new students must contact and meet with ,听 , or .
- Continuing students need to meet with prior to PMD course registration.
- Program starts in the Fall only (for Paramedic courses).
- All students wishing to start Paramedic courses must hold a valid New York State Emergency (EMT) certification (minimum 3 months).
- Students who do not hold the EMT certification can take the EMT Basic course at 六合彩开奖记录.
- Program can be completed in two-years and one summer of part-time study.
- Eligibility to take the New York State Paramedic practical and written examinations are achieved after successfully completing all nine (9) paramedic courses, and Introduction to Anatomy and Physiology or Anatomy & Physiology I or II or department permission.
- Prior to starting paramedic (PMD) courses, interested students should meet with the Paramedic Program Director for specific information.